2 pcs Chicken Breast
2 parsley roots
1 bell peppers
3 spoons vinegar
4 Egg Yolks
500 grams Cream
3 spoons Flour
Salt and pepper
4 cloves of garlic
Tasty, consistent, and light – this is how we describe this sour Radauti soup. It is very much like tripe soup, but it is less greasy and has a sweeter taste. Made using the same broth as a beef soup but with thinly sliced chicken breast, it is one of Romania’s most popular and tastiest dishes. It also contains carrot, sour cream, garlic, eggs, onion, and peppers.
How to Make Radauti Sour Soup:
- Boil the chicken breast in three liters of water with little salt and all the vegetables, previously peel and chopped.
- Take off the foam as the meat boils.
- Once cooked, take the vegetables and chicken breast.
- Cut the meat into long slices and boil this again for a short time, but without the vegetables.
- Mix five spoons of hot soup with the egg yolks, flour, and cream and add this to the soup. Then add the vinegar.
- Finally, add the finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Let boil for another ten minutes, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Ideally the Radauti sour soup is served hot, with toast and hot pepper.