4 cups canned coconut milkfull-fat, please!
1⁄2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1⁄2 cup cornstarch
Ground Cinnamonfor garnish
How to Make Tembleque:
- Grease 8 4-ounce molds or 1 large 4-cup mold (ramekins, baking pans, custard cups, etc.) with a small spritz of baking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium saucepan over a medium-high heat, combine the coconut milk, salt, and sugar, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove 1 cup of the warm coconut milk and put in a separate bowl, and whisk together with the cornstarch to create a smooth mix.
- Slowly whisk it back into the pot.
- Let cook, whisking constantly, for about 5 minutes or until thickened and pudding-like.
- Remove from the heat, divide into the prepared molds, and let cool on the counter for 20 minutes before loosely covering with plastic wrap and transferring to the refrigerator.
- Chill for at least 4 hours until set.
- To serve, run a thin wet knife along the edges and carefully invert onto a plate.
- Garnish with ground cinnamon, if desired.