1 frozen octopus
3 garlic clove
100 ml Olive Oil
Salt and white pepper
For bread crumbs with spinach:
2 large onions
3 garlic cloves
1 bay leaf
415 g corn bread
170 g spinach leaves
150 ml Olive Oil
Salt and Black Pepper
How to Make Polvo Assado com Migas:
- Place the frozen octopus in a pan. Cover and cook for 45 minutes. Let the octopus cool in the pan.
- Cut the octopus through the tentacles.
- Place it on an oven tray. Add the sliced garlic cloves.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 100 ml of olive oil and bake in a preheated oven at 200° C for 30 minutes.
- When it comes out of the oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Cut the onions into half moons.
- Fry the onions in a frying pan with 50 ml of olive oil until soft.
- Place the onion in an oven tray.
- Heat the frying pan with 100 ml of olive oil and add the chopped garlic cloves.
- As soon as they start frying, add the spinach leaves and sauté a little.
- Add the bread without the crust.
- Fold in the mixture of garlic, olive oil, and spinach. Season with a little salt. If necessary add a little more olive oil.
- Place the bread mixture on top of the onion. Bake in a preheated oven at 200° C for 15 minutes.
- Serve the octopus with the bread crumbs.