- 1/2 pineapplefinely diced, retain as much juice as you can
- 1/2 purple onionfinely diced
- 1/4 bunch mint leaveschopped
- 1/4 bunch coriander (cilantro) leaveschopped
- 1/2 red bell pepperfinely diced
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
This pineapple salsa is ideal for summer barbecues. Serve it as a dip with white corn chips, on top of grilled fish, throughout a salad of prawns or along side any chicken dish. The best time to make this is about 1/3rd of the way into pineapple season as that is when they are at their sweetest and luckily also when summer is in full swing.
- Combine the pineapple, onion, mint, coriander and capsicum in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in some extra virgin olive oil until desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Should the pineapple be out of season or not sweet enough, a touch of brown sugar may be added at this stage.