- 4 pigeon breastsskin on
- fleur de sel
- 200 grams chestnuts
- 500 millilitres vegetable broth
- 1 knob butter
- 1 pigeon thighs
- 50 grams chestnuts
- 4 pigeon liverschopped
- 1 very small coffee
- 8 roasted coffee beans
- Vin Santo
- In a saucepan, cook the chestnuts with vanilla and vegetable stock and a pinch of salt.
- Once cooked pass through a sieve and stir in a knob of butter.
- Saute boneless thighs and livers in a pan. Pour in Vin Santo.
- Press liver into thighs and roll in aluminium foil.
- Place bone in one end.
- Bake at 160 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Dredge in egg whites and roll in chopped chestnuts.
- Brown the breasts in extra virgin olive oil in a pan over gentle heat.
- Season with salt and pepper, put into the oven at 200 degrees for 3 minutes and keep warm and covered.
Assembling the Dish
- Make a splash with the sauce of coffee on the plate.
- Lay two slices of warm breast on it.
- Place thighs and crispy chestnuts around.
- Complete with a pinch of sea salt and a drizzle of chestnut sauce. Garnish with coffee beans and roasted chestnuts.
- We welcome your comments on this recipe in the comments section below.