Peppers & Melon with Olive Herb & Venus Clams
- 4000 grams root gingerwashed
- 800 grams onionspeeled & roughly chopped
- 40 grams Garlicpeeled & roughly chopped
- 30 millitres Vegetable Oil
- 80 grams root gingercut in 3mm thick pieces
- 6 stalks lemongrassroughly chopped
- 800 millilitres rice wine
- 200 grams tamarind purée
- 800 millilitres White Wine
Olive Herb Oil
- 100 grams olive herb
- 1000 millilitres grape seed oil
- 160 grams venus clam trimmingsmantle
- 40 grams taggiasche olives
- 10 millilitres Olive Oil
- 30 millilitres Lemon Juice
Jerusalem Artichoke Braised with Macadamia Nut
- 50 millilitres macadamia nut oilfrom the firm Fandler
- 1000 grams Jerusalem artichokespeeled
- 600 millilitres Chicken Stock
Roasted Macadamia Nuts
- 400 grams macadamia nuts
Roasted Yellow Pepper Pickled with Verjus & Olive Oil
- 20 yellow bell peppers
- 3000 millilitres Vegetable Oil
- 2000 millilitres verjus
- 200 millilitres Olive Oil
- 60 grams Sugar
Grilled Cantaloupe Melon
- 1 small cantaloupe melon
- verjusfrom the firm Ölzelt
Yelllow Pepper Marinated with Yelllow Pepper Reduction
- 10 yellow peppers
- 300 grams Sugar
- 800 grams pepper trimmings
- 600 rams verjus Ölzelt
- 80 millilitres olive herb oil
Venus Clams Cooked with Rice and Tamarind40 portions
- Heat the oil in a large pot and sweat the vegetables and spices for 2-3 minutes before adding the clams.
- Combine the rice wine, tamarind, white wine and salt and add to the pot.
- Cover with a lid and bring to the boil until all the clams have opened.
- Pass the liquid through a fine sieve and reduce by 1/3.
- Remove the clams from the shells and separate the meat from the mantle, saving both separately.
Olive Herb Oil200 portions
- Vacuum tightly in a large bag and poach for 2 hours in a water bath at 67°c. Store in the fridge away from light for a minimum of 48 hours and Maximum of 6 months.
Clam Tapenade10 portions
- Finely chop the clam trimmings and olives
- Mix together the remaining ingredients well with the clams and olives.
- To be prepared fresh every day.
Jerusalem Artichoke Braised with Macadamia Nut20 portions
- Briefly roast the artichokes in the oil and season with the salt.
- Add the chicken stock to the pot and braise, covered in the oven at 180°c. until the Jerusalem artichokes are soft.
- Leave to cool and cut in 7mm thick pieces.
Roasted Macadamia Nuts
- Break the nuts into 3-4 small pieces and roast for 3 minutes at 160°c. until golden brown.
Roasted Yellow Pepper Pickled with Verjus & Olive Oil80 portions
- Bring the oil to 190°c. in a large pot and cook the peppers in small batches covered with a lid for approximately 1 Minute.
- Remove the peppers to a container and cover with plastic wrap or a cloth until cool. Carefully remove the Skins.
- Remove the stalks and seeds and cut the peppers length-ways into six similarly sized pieces.
- Reduce the verjus by half over a low heat.
- Combine the olive oil, salt and sugar with the verjus and immerse the pieces of pepper in the liquid. Store in the fridge for up to one week.
- By allowing the peppers to ‘sweat’ as they cool they become much easier to peel.
Grilled Cantaloupe Melon35 portions
- Cut half of the melon into 3 mm thick slices on a deli-slicer.
- Heat a teflon pan and briefly grill the melon slices on one side.
- Cut the rest of the melon on the deli slicer into 1 mm thick slices and marinate these a la minute with the verjus.
- 2 slices of grilled and 2 slices of marinated melon are necessary per portion.
Yelllow Pepper Marinated with Yelllow Pepper Reduction100 portions
- Peel and cut the peppers into 2mm thick slices approximately 40mm x 50mm in size.
- Refrigerate the slices and save the trimmings.
- Cook the sugar to a light caramel.
- Add the pepper trimmings, verjus and salt to the caramel and allow to cook until all the caramel has dissolved.
- Mix to a fine purée in a Thermomix and pass through a chinois.
- Combine the olive oil with the pepper reduction and use to marinade the pepper slices a la minute.
Pepper & Melon (plating up)
- Spread 1 tablespoon of the clam tapenade in the middle of a plate. Place 3 pieces of Jerusalem artichoke and 6 pieces of macadamia nut on top.
- Lay 2 pieces of the roasted pepper and 2 pieces of the grilled melon over the Jerusalem artichokes.
- Finish with 2 pieces of the raw, marinated pepper and melon and a leaf of pericon sliced into fine julienne sprinkled on top.
- Per Portion place 8 clams in 2 tablespoons of clam stock and a few Drops of oilve herb oil. At the table spoon over the dish.