100 gr egg whites
100 gr Caster Sugar
2 gr Salt
100 gr icing sugar
120 gr Greek Yogurt
30 gr icing sugar
1 lemon zest
150 gr heavy cream 35%
80 gr raspberries
80 gr blueberries
100 gr Sugar
What a fantastic dessert recipe by Manolis Stithos, Executive Pastry & Bakery Chef of the Funky Gourmet Restaurant, a two-star Michelin restaurant in Athens, Greece.
How to Make French Meringue:
- In the mixer bin with the fouet beat egg whites, sugar and salt in medium speed until stiff peaks.
- Sieve icing sugar and add gradually to the meringue mixing gently with a spatula.
- Make meringue nests with two spoons or a piping bag. Bake at 100C for 5-6 hrs or until crispy.
How to Make Yogurt Mousse:
- In a bowl mix well yogurt, icing sugar and lemon zest until smooth.
- In another bowl whip heavy cream with a fouet until thick.
- Mix yogurt with whipped cream with a spatula and transfer to the fridge at least for 30’ to cool and set.
How to Make Berries Jam:
- Add all the ingredients in a pot and cook at medium heat until reduced to a nice but not very stiff jam.
- Let cool.
- Fill your meringues with the yogurt mousse.
- Top up with the berries jam, some fresh berries, lemon zest and some mint leaves.
Photo credit: Manolis Stithos