1 cup long grain riceor basmati rice (white or brown), par boiled rice does not work in this recipe
1 tbsp peanut butteruse natural peanut butter, the kind that has oil on top
How to Make Mupunga Une Dovi:
- Cook the rice following the instructions on the packet, omitting the oil.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and the peanut butter and let it cook some more. You want your rice to be slightly overcooked.
- Cover and let the peanut butter cook for about 10 minutes.
- Using a flat wooden spoon or mugoti, stir in the peanut butter until the rice is well bonded together.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover for 10 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Serve with any stew or sauce of your liking or by itself. This rice is especially good the next morning, cold with a cup of tea.