400g mufushwa(dried black-eyed peas leaves)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Oilfor frying
2 tbsp peanut butter
How to Make Mufushwa:
- Put the mufushwa in a pot and add water and the bicarbonate of soda.
- Partly cover the pot and bring the mufushwa to a boil and cook until well done and no longer crunchy. This may take quite a bit of time, about 2 hours on moderate heat.
- When the mufushwa is done, put it in a colander and rinse under warm running water to get rid of any dirt.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the well done cooked and rinsed mufushwa, and fry for about a minute.
- Add salt and fry for one more minute.
- Add the peanut butter and stir. Add a little water, cover pot, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for at least 3 minutes.
- Your mufushwa with peanut butter is ready. Serve with sadza.