applesIt can be any type, even though Granny Smith apples are perfect to use since they’re more acidic and crunchy.
pineappleYou can use a can of pineapple in syrup or also fresh pineapple. Plus some juice.
pecansif you want to give it a twist you can also add some toasted almonds or even some pistachios!
raisinsDon’t need to soak them as they will soft with the cream.
whole creamIf you’re lucky enough to find mexican cream, which has a sour taste, go with it. Otherwise use regular whole cream.
yogurtIf you’re using mexican cream you can skip the yogurt or add it anyway for a nice twist.
This delicious mexican apple salad isf full of flavour and a real treat around the holidays. It is creamy and decadent, with a delicious sweet and sour flavor from pineapple and apple… and is the perfect side to serve alongside your Thanksgiving Turkey!
How to Make Mexican Apple Salad:
- Decide if you want to use the apple with the skin on or peel them, then cut them into ¾” (2cm) chunks. Place into a large bowl.
- Drain the pineapple and reserve the juice for later, cut the fruit into small bites. Add to the bowl with the apples.
- Add cream, then yogurt. Add the raisins, the pecans roughly chopped and then pour in the pineapple juice.
- Add a pinch of salt and mix everything for about one minute or until the fruit is perfectly coated with cream and yogurt.
- Adjust with salt, cover the bowl with cling film and place in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.