1.2 kg mazondo (cow heels)
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 medium onionfinely chopped
2 large tomatoeschopped
1 tsp tomato paste
1/4 tsp curry powder
How to Make Mazondo:
- Put the cleaned beef heels in a pot. Add enough water to just cover them. Season with 1 tsp salt. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a very gentle simmer.
- Allow to cook for about 3 hrs or until the mazondo are lovely and tender but still hold their shape. Drain any excess fat that may have come out from the beef heels during cooking, leaving about 2 tbsp.
- Add the chopped onion, curry powder, tomatoes, and tomato paste to the pot together with 100 ml of water (if there is no water left in the pot).
- Add 1/2 tsp salt and allow to simmer until the tomatoes and onions are cooked and the soup is not runny. If you find your soup is runny, mix 1 tsp of flour with water to make a paste then pour into the pot.
- Stir well and allow to simmer for another 5 mins.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Enjoy!