6 x 200 grams skirt steak
2 sprigs thyme
150 millilitres extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 sprig rosemary
1 bay leaf
2 cloves Garlicfresh, smashed with skin on
fine sea salt to taste
- Combine marinade ingredients apart from salt and pepper, and marinate steaks, for a few hours, or overnight.
- Take steaks out of fridge 30 mins before you want to cook them.
- To cook, heat a heavy based fry pan over the highest setting with a little olive or vegetable oil until smoking.
- Season steaks withy salt and pepper just before cooking.
- Place steaks into hot pan and allow to colour well on one side, approx. 3 mins.
- Turn and repeat for 2 mins on other side.
- Remove steaks from pan and allow to rest for 5 mins.
- Place heated capsicum in centre of plate.
- Slice skirt across the grain and place on top of the capsicum.
- Drizzle with pebre sauce.
Note: Skirt steak has quite a bit of texture, so it is vital to cut the steak across the grain, otherwise the steak will be chewy to eat.