- 360 gr Butter
- 195 gr confectioner's sugar
- a pinch Salt
- 90 gr almond flour
- 142 gr Whole Eggs
- 795 gr Flour
Hazelnut Financier Batter
- 160 gr egg whites
- 57 gr a/p flour
- 180 gr icing sugar
- 90 gr hazelnut flour
- 25 gr Inverted sugar
- 150 gr noisette Butter melted
- 90 gr Hazelnut paste
- 600 gr mango purée
- 50 gr Sugar
- 5.5 gr SOSA Iota
Passion Fruit Cremeux
- 6.25 gr Gelatin sheets silver
- 200 gr Egg Yolks
- 125 gr Whole Eggs
- 215 gr granulated sugar
- 300 gr passion fruit puree
- 250 gr unsalted butter
How to Make the Sable Dough:
- Preheat oven to 160ºC/325ºF.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cut the butter into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and almond flour and beat until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and bring the mix together until it forms a ball.
- Roll dough to 2.5 thickness between two parchment paper, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Butter small tart molds and cut dough to fit. Line and trim each mold and freeze for at least 1hours before baking for about 15 minutes until lightly golden.
How to Make Hazelnut Financier Batter:
- Combine all powders together in a mixer.
- Pour the egg whites, inverted sugar and hazelnut paste followed by the noisette butter. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Pipe ¼ of the finanier inside the tart and bale 170C for 6-7 minutes
How to Make Mango Cremeux:
- Mix the sugar with the Iota and combine with the puree and heat the mixture to at least 85°C. Pour on top the financier.
- Keep in the fridge until set.
How to Make Passion Fruit Cremeux:
- Soak gelatin in ice water until softened; squeeze out excess water and set aside.
- Cook yolks, eggs, sugar and puree over a double boiler, whisking constantly until thickened (85 C.)
- Remove from heat, stir in gelatin, let cool to 35C and add the butter and mix.
- Keep in the fridge for 12 hours before use.
How to Assembly it:
Pipe Passion fruit on top the tart and decorate with Fresh Mango.
Photo credit: Antonio Bachour