Tired of having your cakes stuck to the bottom of the tin? DonÌt want to have to rely on your icing skills to hide your cakes flaws? Follow these simple steps and your cakes will come out of the tin as easy as the tin comes out of the oven!
- Lay out a piece of baking baker larger than the base of your tin.
- Holding the tin down on the paper with one hand, trace around the base with a sharp knife in the other.
- Pull off a piece of baking paper long enough to wrap around the cake tin.
- Measure the height of the tin on this piece of paper and fold the length of the paper on that point.
- Slice the paper along that fold. (If the remnant is large enough, use that piece next time).
- Lightly brush the inside of the tin with soft butter.
- Place the round piece of paper from the first step into the base of the tin.
- Paste the long strip around the edge of the tin with the edge you sliced to the top.
- Voila, one cake tin ready to fill with your favourite cake recipe.
Photo credit: Jo.