- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sugar
- Sea Salt
- pepper grinder
There is nothing better than a homemade dressing and one of my favorites is the lemon Dijon vinaigrette.
This one lives in my fridge all the time as I find it indispensable. I use the lemon Dijon vinaigrette as a dressing on salads, on steamed vegetables, on virtually any seafood and even dress my chicken with it once I take it off the barbecue.
It will last about a week so don’t bother making too much if you don’t plan on using it.
How to Make the Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- Place the lemon juice, mustard and sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Using a large whisk, slowly pour in the olive oil as you whisk.
- Whisk until slightly thick and emulsified.
- Season to taste with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Depending on the sourness of your lemon juice and the sweetness of your olive oil you may wish to add more oil or more sugar.