3 leeksthinly sliced
500 g Chicken Stock
1.5 l single cream
Leek and Potato Details:
2 leekswhite part only
This delicious recipe was provided by Chef Jean-Christophe Ansanay-Alex, a Michelin starred chef and Head Chef of Lyon-based restaurant, l’Auberge de L’Ile Barbe.
How to Make the Vichyssoise Sauce:
- Chop the onion and sweat it in butter. Then drop in the leeks and allow them to sweat.
- Add the coarsely chopped potatoes.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are well cooked.
- Mix everything in a blender, add the single cream, and adjust the seasoning.
- Set the sauce aside in the refrigerator.
How to Make the Leek and Potato Details:
- Boil the leek whites in the chicken stock. Let cool and cut into 2 cm slices. Place in the refrigerator.
- Cut the potato into pellets and boil for a short time. Remove from the water and cool them in the refrigerator.
- Julienne the leeks very finely and fry in a deep fryer.
How to Plate the Food:
- On the left side of the plate, make a line with the leek and potato details. Sprinkle a little fried leek julienne over and decorate with a few flowers.
- On the right side, make a nice quenelle of caviar.
- Place the vichyssoise in a gravy boat and serve with the plate.