- 16/20 size fresh king prawns
- 150 grams fresh Kadayifshredded pastry, which can be found in any Mediterranean delicacy store
- 1 spponful ghee or butter
- Muhammara walnut capsicum dip
- 1 cup shredded walnuts
- 1 slice thick day old bread
- 1/2 bunch continental parsley
- 2 Garlic
- 2 shallots
- 2 spoonfuls tahini
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Lemon Juice
- black pepper
- Peel off the skin and head of prawns, leaving the tail on.
- Gently open the Kadayif pastry, adding liquefied butter and run your fingers through the dough.
- Wrap the pastry around the prawns starting from the top to the bottom (make sure there is only one layer to ensure even cooking of the prawns).
- Place prawns in baking tray and into a preheated oven. Cook 8-10 minutes at 210 degrees in a conventional oven until pastry is golden brown.
- Finely chop shallots, parsley and garlic.
- Mix walnuts, day old bread, shallots, parsley and garlic with a hand blender.
- Add olive oil, tahini, lemon juice and spices. Serve under the prawns.