700 g raw potatoes
250 g anchovy filletsmarinated
2 large onions
300-400 ml Cream
3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
Jansson’s temptation is a traditional Swedish casserole made with potatoes, onions, pickled sprats, bread crumbs, and cream.
How to Make Janssons Frestelse:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into strips.
- Cut the onions into thin strips.
- Spread the butter on a baking dish.
- Layer the potatoes, onions, and anchovies, and then potatoes again, etc.
- Finish with a layer of potatoes.
- Press the upper layer flat.
- Pour the cream over it.
- If you like, pour some of the anchovy marinade from the tin over it.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top.
- Season with alt and pepper.
- Spread some butter over it.
- Then pop in the oven for one hour, at 230° C.