400 g Chicken Breast
20 cl liquid creamvery cold
1 egg whites
Salt and pepper
200 g Flour
4 tbsp. Oil
4 pinches Salt
200 g breadcrumbs
5 g powdered cumin
1 litre peanut oilfor baking
100 g gouda
10 cl Milk
To get started, forget everything you know, think you know or have read about commercial chicken nuggets ! I’m very attentive and aware of what little ones eat, so don’t imagine that I’m going to offer you something equivalent here! No, really, it’s something quite different: delicate homemade chicken nuggets that little ones (like the tall ones!) can’t resist.
How to Make the Stuffing:
- Cut 100 g of chicken breast into small cubes. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer, mix 300 g of chicken breast, the cream and the egg white very finely.
- Season with salt and pepper, then pour the stuffing into a salad bowl.
- Add the diced chicken and mix well.
How to Mould the Stuffing:
- Place about 25 cm of cling film on the worktop and place some of the stuffing on it.
- Form a 3 cm diameter chicken roll in the film. Roll the chicken’s cylinder in the film, tighten and tie the ends to enclose the stuffing.
- Make several rolls to use all the stuffing.
How to Cook the Stuffing:
- Cook the chicken roll in a pan of simmering water for 25 minutes. The water should not boil.
- After cooking, allow to cool for a few moments and unpack the chicken roll.
- Then cut the chicken roll into slices about 1 cm thick. Set aside in the fridge.
How to Make the Breadcrumbs:
- Put 3 soup plates in front of you: one containing the flour, the other the eggs with the oil and salt and the last one containing the breadcrumbs and cumin.
- Roll the nuggets in the flour, then in the eggs and then in the breadcrumbs. Repeat the operation a second time. Set aside.
How to Make the Gouda Cream:
- In a saucepan, melt the gouda and milk over low heat. Do not boil.
- Set aside the melted mixture in a cool place.
How to Cook the Nuggets:
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Plunge the nuggets into it (in half).
- Leave to cook and brown for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain and pat the nuggets dry on absorbent paper.
- Serve them hot with the Gouda cream where you will soak them before eating them!
Variation you can also brown the nuggets in a frying pan with a knob of butter.
Tip the sausages are easier to form with a firm stuffing and therefore very cold. Do not hesitate to place it in the freezer 30 min before you start.