- 4x120 grams pieces of halibutskin on
- 1 head romanescocut into small florets
- 12 oyster leaves
- 1 pound halibut bones
- 1/2 cup vin jaune
- 2 litre filtered water
- 300 millilitres Cream
- 1 ounce Butter
- 50 grams Butter
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powderheaped, good quality
- 1 unwaxed lemon zest
- 200 millilitres Water
- 200 millilitres rapeseed oil
- bergamot rind1-2 bergamot
- Cover bones in water and bring to a simmer (30-40 minutes)
- Pass of liquid and reduce to a ¼
- Add wine and return to a boil
- Add cream and reduce by ½
- Season with salt and lemon juice
- Add butter
- Keep hot
- Finely slice fennel and onion.
- Melt butter in pan on medium heat.
- Add fennel and onion to the pan and sweat off until soft.
- Add curry powder, stir for a few minutes on the heat to release aroma of powder.
- Add water, bring to the boil.
- Stir in lemon zest, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree in blender, add salt to taste.
- Keep in warm place until needed.
- Heat rapeseed oil to 80°C in a pan over a gentle heat, add rind.
- Remove from heat, cover with cling film and allow to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Pass oil into squeeze bottle.
- Cook romanesco in salted, boiling water until tender (3-4 minutes).
- Cook fish in hot pan, skin side down.
- Turn over and finish in hot oven (160°C) for 3-4 minutes.
- Rest in warm place for 3-4 minutes.
- Peel of skin and sprinkle with salt.
- Place on hot plate.
- Spoon curry on to plate.
- Garnish with hot romanesco and oyster leaf.
- Drizzle with bergamot oil.
- Foam sauce using hand blender and spoon on to fish