1 kg guru (tripe)
Small lemon wedge
Small fresh ginger bulbpeeled
1 tsp garlic and herb seasoning
3 cloves garlicchopped
1 small onionchopped
3 medium tomatoeschopped
1/4 tsp curry powder
1/2 bundle chomolia (covo)chopped
2 tbsp sunflower oilor canola oil
How to Make Guru:
- Thoroughly wash the tripe and removing all excess fat.
- Cut it into medium sized pieces and put in the pot.
- Add enough water to just cover the tripe. Add the salt, lemon wedge, ginger, garlic, and herbs.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat to the lowest possible and allow to gently simmer until the tripe is tender and cooked through. Discard the ginger, lemon wedge, and any excess water.
- Add the oil and garlic and increase the heat to medium-high and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and curry powder and fry for another 2 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and allow to cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped vegetables and 1/2 tsp salt and cook for 3-5 minutes. Your guru and veg is ready, enjoy!