- 2.5 gallons Water
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- 4 whole dried red chilies
- 3 heads garlic
- 1 pound onionspeeled and 1/2 inch dice
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 ounces Italian Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Black Peppercorns
- 5 pounds baby octopus
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 1/4 cup Olive Oilto roast potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- cooked and grilled octopus
- roasted fingerling potatoes
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chill flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup Italian Parsley
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces Lemon Juice
- In stainless stockpot add water, lemon juice, dried chili, garlic, onions, bay leaf, parsley and salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add black peppercorns and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Strain, saving liquid and discarding vegetables.
- Add liquid back to same pot and return to boil.
- Add baby octopus and simmer briskly for 30 minutes.
- Shut off flame.
- Allow octopus to cool in liquid for one hour.
- Remove from liquid to cool completely.
- Coat octopus with olive oil and grill until lightly browned in spots.
- Remove and cut into approximate pieces, then place into a mixing bowl.
- Combine potatoes with olive oil, kosher salt and pepper.
- Place on tray and roast in 375-degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature and set aside.
- When cool to touch, cut into ¼-inch slices and set aside.
- Add all ingredients to mixing bowl and marinate for at least one hour before serving.