600 gr Seedless Black olives
10 gr maltodextrin
2 gr Salt
50 gr panko
10 gr black sesame seeds
1 medium eggs
130 gr mayonnaise
35 gr cornichons
30 gr capers
15 gr white wine vinegar
30 gr whipping cream
to taste Salt and pepper
6 gr tarragon leaves
10 gr parsley leaves
10 gr chives
1 gr xanthan gum
20 gr pro espuma by sosa
Chef Rui Mota created an edible garden pot! Layering the fried panko and gribiche foam (the soil) and garnishing with dehydrated olives and vegetables to resemble flowers, this dish looks just like you are digging in your garden for herbs or veggies. The Gribiche foam combines the richness of foamed eggs with the acidity and tanginess of gribiche while the fried panko adds some crunch to the dish.
Equipment Needed to Make this Dish:
- Smartwhip Cream Charger
- Cutting Board
- Small Saucepan
- Paper Towel
- Fine Sieve
- Plating Tongs
How to Make Dehydrated Olives:
- Chop the olives roughly and then dehydrate them at 55° C for 12 hours.
- Place in a blow and smash them until they are crumbly. Add the maltodextrin and salt.
- Stir and reserve in a dry place.
How to Make Fried Panko:
- Combine both ingredients and deep fry at 180° C for 3 minutes.
- Take off the excess oil with a paper towel.
How to Make the Gribiche Foam:
To ensure a smooth cooking experience, please read the Smartwhip care and safety guidelines before usage.
- Boil the egg in a small pan for 1 minute.
- Drain the cooking water and cool the egg under cold running water.
- Remove the eggshell, and place all the remaining gribiche foam ingredients in a blender and mix until combined.
- Pass through a fine sieve and put into the siphon.
- Connect your Smartwhip, and charge it to 10 bars.
- Disconnect your siphon and place it inside the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
How to Prepare the Vegetables:
- Blanch the vegetables in boiling water for a couple of seconds.
- Then plunge the vegetables into an ice bath before braising in a hot pan before serving.
For this recipe, Chef Rui Mota uses a vase-like plate to layer the fried panko before releasing the gribiche foam. Finally, he garnishes with dried olives and, using the plating tongs, adds the vegetables.