Green Pea Meringue
- 100 ml Water
- 40 g Sugar
- 150 g pea juice
- 14 g albumina
- 0.5 g xanatana
Bone Marrow Spread
- 1 kg brined and smoked bone marrow in 7% brine
- 20 g Green peas
- 15 g silene
- 30 g Wild strawberry
- 15 g Grayling roebrined
- 10 g chickweed
- 7 g White and violet wild violets
- 10 g strawberry seed oil
- 3 g Salt
This is an amazing dish served at Hiša Franko last season created by Head Chef Ana Roš called Green Pea and Chickweed Salad, Smoked Bone Marrow, Strawberry Seed Oil.
Delivered on an artful chunk of bone, this delicate bite melts and pops in your mouth with just the right combination of crisp, fresh flavors. Green pea was the strongest of the flavors but the sweetness of the strawberry oil tickled me, according to Brí, an American foodie based in Hungary.
Check out our interview with Chef Ana Roš.
How to Make Green Pea Meringue:
- Bring sugar and water to syrup. Cool down.
- Add pea juice, albumina and xanatana and blend well. Cool for 3 hours.
- Whisk until soft pick forms.
- Spread pn silepats 2 cm thick and dehidrate on 50 degrees for 2 hours.
How to Make Bone Marrow Spread:
- Render slowly the marrow in a potstirring all the time. It needs to get to golden colour. Set in fridge.
- Return to room temperature and with a help of handblender emulsify
How to Make the Salad:
Bring gently all ingredients together.
How to Make the Plating:
- Break the meringue, spread over bone marrow and place the salad on the top.
- Serve on the bone.
Photo credit: Suzan Gabrijan