- 1 tbsp kaffir lime zest
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp galangalchopped
- 1 tbsp coriander rootschopped
- 3 tbsp Fingerrootchopped
- 2 tbsp lemongrasschopped
- 3 tbsp shallotschopped
- 5 clove garlicchopped
- 1 tbsp long pepper
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 70 Thai bird chillies
- 2 tbsp green peppercorn
- 3 kaffir lime leavesthinly sliced
- 7 king basil leavesor 20 sweet basil leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp shrimp pasteoptional
A spicy a fragrant Thai curry paste that can be used in many dishes. This recipe was provided by Chef Aoy Marungrueng. Check out our interview with Chef Aoy to learn more about Thai cuisine and her passion for cooking.
How to Make Green Curry Paste:
- Using a mortar and pestle, add the first ingredient and pound until a rough paste has formed;
- Add the next ingredient down the list and pound until it is incorporated;
- Continue adding each new ingredient, in order, pounding until incorporated before adding the next addition.
- Pound until a smooth paste has formed.
- Alternatively, you can use a food processor, adding each ingredient and using the pulse feature until smooth.
Photo credit: Papa November