3 ounces Feta cheeseideally you want the feta to be in the shape of a rectangle or square about 3 X 4 inches, so you can fold it easily
1 phyllo sheets
1-2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon Sesame Seeds
1 tablespoon Olive Oilfor brushing
This is a super easy Greek cheese appetizer that is salty and sweet and savoury all at once. You may find the combination of honey and feta cheese odd but, honestly, this traditional Greek dish is not to be missed. The feta cheese is wrapped in layers of phyllo and after it’s baked, drizzled with some Greek honey and topped with sesame seeds. This extraordinary combination of spicy feta cheese, crispy phyllo and honey sauce will amaze you!
How to make Greek Baked Feta Cheese in Phyllo with Honey :
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius)
2. Toast the sesame seeds. Heat them on the stove to on medium heat for about 1-2 minutes, shaking the pan.
3. Spread the phyllo sheet and brush with olive oil (make sure you have covered the whole sheet with the olive oil.
4. Place the feta in the bottom of the phyllo and fold the sides over and then fold the cheese over until you have reached the end of the phyllo. Brush the outside with olive oil and place with folded sided on the bottom on a pan.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven drizzle with honey and sprinkle the sesame seeds over it.