Gluten free ladyfingers:
50 g cornstarch
50 g Sugar
1 p Salt
500 g Mascarpone
100 g Sugar
40 g Water
3 Egg Yolks
300g brewed coffee
20 g Sugar
2 p lemon zest
Tiramisu from the Italian language meaning “cheer me up” so needed right now!
I made it gluten and alcohol free.
How to Make Gluten Free Ladyfingers:
- Make a meringue with the egg white, sugar and salt.
- Add the egg yolk and finish with the cornstarch.
- Cook at 200 C degrees around 8 minutes.
How to Make the Mascarpone Cream:
- Make a syrup with the water and sugar and boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour over the egg yolks while mixing to make a “Pâte à bombe”
- When this is whipped and cooled down add it to the mascarpone whisking directly.
How to Make the Coffee Syrup:
- Pour the hot coffee over the sugar and zests.
- After it cools down use this to soak your biscuits
Tip: I kept some dried biscuit bits that I rolled in cocoa powder to put on top to add a little crunch!
Tiramisu; Photo credit: nicolas_lambert