- 150 g Salmon fillets skin on
- 1/2 lemonjuiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large golden shallotsthinly sliced
- 2 garlic clovesthinly sliced
- 2 carrotpeeled and finely diced
- 100 g baconor pancetta, cut into strips
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 150-200ml Chicken Stockor water
- 70 g Green peas
- 2 Baby gem lettucequartered lengthways
- 20 g Butterdiced
- flat leaf parsleychop
Serve this golden and crispy salmon just barely cooked at the centre as part of your Sunday roast this weekend. I can guarantee your family will be asking for you to make it again. It’s the elegant recipe and it’s very easy to master at home and you can make vegetarian friendly, just omit the (bacon)
How to Cook it:
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the salmon to the pan, skin-side-down, then turn up the heat and fry for (3-4min) until crisp.
- Flip the fillet over, lower the heat and cook for 2 min or more, then drizzle with the lemon juice. leave it on the side.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add bacon and fry until golden (2-4 min).
- Add shallot, garlic and the carrots ,stir occasionally until just tender (2-3 min).
- Deglaze pan with wine and reduce by half (1-2 min).
- Pour on chicken stock or water and cook over a high heat for (2-3 min), adding more stock as needed
- Then add the peas and lettuce on top, season to taste, cover and cook until lettuce wilts (2 min).
- Add butter, add in the herbs , stir to combine.
- Arrange lettuces and vegetables in a serving dish with the salmon