2 baking potatoesmedium sized, thinly sliced about ⅛ inch
1 ½ Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Onionmedium sized, thinly sliced about ⅛ inch
1 ½ cups parmesan cheesepick a good quality type, shaved or grated
¼ tsp Pepper
1 dash nutmeg
How to Make Frico:
- Heat the olive oil on medium and toss in the potatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes turning frequently.
- Add the onions, nutmeg, and pepper and continue to turn until the onions are translucent.
- Slowly begin to add the Parmesan cheese, ¼ cup at a time, stirring constantly.
- Allow the potatoes to brown on one side and then turn to brown on the other side. You use a large plate to do this, even better if you have a double pan.
- The cheese and potato mixture should form a light crust on both sides. Test with a fork for the softness of the potato and then it is done.