- 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 cup ground Italian sausageYou can buy seasoned ground beef, or buy linked sausage, crumbling it as it cooks
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 12 to 15 Manila clams
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 cup White Wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh egg fettuccine
- 6 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves torn
- Olive Oil
This delicious fresh egg fettuccine with Manila clams, spicy sausage and white wine saffron reduction recipe was provided by Chef Fabio Viviani.
How to Prepare the Fettuccine with Clams and Sausage
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
- In a large pot on medium high heat, drizzle in a touch of olive oil. Add the chili flakes, sausage, garlic and clams and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the saffron and deglaze with white wine. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the chicken broth. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Reduce by half, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pasta to water and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the pasta and add to clams.
- Continue to reduce the sauce, stirring pasta to release starch to help thicken sauce. Reduce heat to medium, add butter and stir to create sauce. If too thick, add a touch of pasta water to thin out. Fold in the parsley and season one last time with salt and pepper, if needed.
From Fabio’s 30-Minute Italian by Fabio Viviani; published by St. Martin’s Press. Copyright ©2017 by Fabio Viviani. All Rights Reserved. Used with Permission. Page 106-107.