280 gr pork spare ribs
15 gr Worcestershire Sauce
15 gr Dijon Mustard
3 gr Sea Salt
1 pinch black pepperor as much as you like
20 gr balsamic vinegar
10 gr Olive Oil
1 gr dried sageturn into powder
2 gr garlic powder
1 boiled corncut in “wheels” of around 2 cm thick
A must try pork ribs recipe by Chef Kostas Magoulas made with top quality ribs by the Greek Butcher. Besides the top quality ribs, sage is Kostas secret ingredient for this dish.
- In a blender, blend all the marinade ingredients together. Blend well to incorporate all the flavors.
- Put the pork ribs on the bone side.
- Using a sharp knife score squares all over the surface. Be careful not to tear the meat apart. This step is crucial for making sure the meat falls off the bone.
- Make sure that you remove (or have your butcher remove) the transparent membrane that protects it or your ribs will become chewy.
- In a bowl, add the ribs and the marinade and massage well.
- Wrap the ribs and marinade in baking paper and then in aluminum foil.
- Marinate overnight preferably or for an hour minimum.
- Preheat the oven to 130°C (266 F) on the fan setting.
- Place the wrapped pork (meat side up, bone side down) in a flat pan.
- Roast without opening for 3 hours.
- Open the wrapping carefully and add the corn.
- Using a brush, brush the ribs and the corn with the liquids from the roast.
- Set your oven to 180°C (356 F) and bake for 10-12 minutes uncovered.
- After baking. I recommend you let the meat rest for a few minutes and keep brushing with liquids to keep it hydrated. Serve as soon as possible or warm up in the oven again on a very low setting. Top with freshly minced cilantro and extra sea salt as well as the liquids from the roast.