360 gr unsalted buttercut in small cubes, softened
720 gr all purpose flourplain flour
280 gr confectioner's sugaricing sugar
pinch of salt
100 gr ground almondsalmond flour
3 large Whole Eggs
Valrhona Dulcey Ganache
224 gr heavy cream
30 gr Inverted sugar
448 gr Dulcey chocolatemelted
30 gr unsalted buttersoftened
How to Make it:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/160°C
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add butter, flour, sugar, salt and almond flour and beat until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg and bring the mix together until it forms a ball.
- Roll dough to 2.5 mm thickness between two parchment paper, cover in cling film, and refrigerate at least for two hours
- Using a 4-inch/10cm round cutter, cut rounds of dough and place on a perforated baking sheet or forosil pavoni.
- Cover the round sable with another forosil ( perforated baking mat).
- Bake sable until fully baked through, 15-20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Pipe dulcey ganache over half of the sable. Cover the filling with a second matching sable.
How to Make Valrhona Dulcey Ganache:
- Bring heavy cream and inverted sugar to a boil in a small pot.
- Pour over chocolate and whisk to emulsify.
- Cool to 35°C/95°F before adding butter and processing with a hand blender until smooth.
- Let the ganache set to 23C/73F and transfer to a pastry bag.