250g (8.819 oz) dried dates
200 grams (7.055 oz) Water
175 grams (6.173 oz Sugar
200 grams (7.055 oz) Butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp vanilla sugar
230 grams (8.113 oz) all purpose flour
Many people in Finland make date cakes during Christmas and there are just as many recipes as there are bakers.
How to Cook Sissi’s Date Cake:
- Put the dates, water, sugar, and butter in a pot. Boil them for as long as it takes for the dates to break.
- Let the mix cool down and prepare the bundt cake pan.
- Butter the pan well and dust with dark cocoa powder or a mix of all-purpose four and cocoa powder.
- Whip the eggs into the mixture, one at a time.
- Mix the dry ingredients together and then add them to the batter.
- Mix as little as possible.
- Bake for about 55-60 minutes in the center of the oven at 175° C (350° F).