- 1 tablespoon sechan pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 6 star anise
- 6 garlic cloves
- 8 juniper
- 10 carnations
- 4 Bay Leaves
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 15 slices Ginger
- 4 shallots
- 1 bunch parsley stalks
- 1 rod recipe vanilla
- 500 grams honey
- 500 grams cherry vinegar
- 3 litres Veal Stock
This dish combines the deep red colours of cherries, beetroots and red sorrel with the rich taste of the wood pigeon.
- Caramelise the honey and add all the spices.
- Deglaze the vinegar and add the 3 liter of veal stock.
- Let the sauce rest for 30 minutes.
- Then reduce it, sieve it and season to taste.
Danish Wood Pigeon
- Let the pigeons hang at 10 degrees for 10 days
- Then fry the breasts while still on the hull and put them in the oven at 175 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Let them rest for 5 minutes and thereafter cut the breasts from the hull.
- Boil the beets with peel on until they are tender.
- Then dry them in the oven at 60 degrees for 12 hours.
- At serving cut them into suitable pieces and heat them in the sauce.
- Arrange the pigeon, sauce and beetroots on a plate and decorate the dish with red sorrel, red amaranth and semi-dried cherries.