1 kg Red snapper filletsskin off
5 shots whiskey
10 g Salt
10 g Sugar
200 ml Pina Colada
100 ml Fresh coconut milk
150 g lime juice
300 ml Water
50 g Sugar
4 g soy lecithin
How to prepare the snapper:
- Combine whiskey, sugar and salt to marinate the snapper.
- Nicely rub the snapper with the curing mix and keep in the fridge for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours check if the snapper is slightly cured. It should still be raw in the center.
How to cook coconut sauce:
- Combine the cocktail with the fresh coconut milk and keep in an airtight container until needed.
How to cook lime foam:
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to boil. Simmer for not more than 1 minute.
- Mix with a stick blender until you get a solid foam.
- Take a thin slice of pineapple and torch it from both sides.
- Place the pineapple in the center of a round plate.
- Add 3 slices of cured snapper half overlapping the pineapple.
- Place sea grapes next to the snapper.
- Finish with coconut sauce, micro herbs, fresh coconut husk and lime foam
Photo credit: Chef on the move