1 pound pork bellycut into 2-3 inch square pieces
1⁄2 cup Silver Swan soy sauce
3⁄4 cup vinegar
3⁄4 cup Water
3-4 pcs dried bay leaves
1 heads garlicslightly crushed
1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
1⁄2 teaspoon Brown Sugar
Pork Belly Adobo is the most loved recipe in the Philippines. It is very simple to make and you only need a few ingredients: soy sauce, vinegar, laurel leaves, and garlic. If you’re new to cooking, it may not be so easy so make sure to carefully note each step and the ingredients you’ll needed. This is the most delish adobo you’ll ever try. I use Pork Liempo or pork belly for this recipe because we need the fat from the pork and it is easy to tenderize.
How to Make Crispy Pork Belly Adobo:
- Put all the ingredients in a pot with the belly meat-side down (skin-side up).
- Simmer for half an hour over a low heat with the pot covered.
- Turn the meat over to one of the uncooked sides every 30 minutes.
- After an hour and a half, turn the heat off and leave it uncovered with the skin side facing up.
- Leave the meat uncovered for a few hours so the skin dries out.
- Transfer the pieces of pork belly to a baking dish with the skin side up.
- Save the adobo sauce the pork belly simmered in for use when serving.
- Bake the pork belly pieces for 10-15 minutes at 375°F.
- Then broil the meat until the skin looks crispy being careful not to burn it.
- Remove the pork belly from the oven when it’s done.
- Reheat the adobo sauce you saved from earlier.
- Serve the crispy pork belly with white rice smothered with adobo sauce.