8 Tender dandelionwith roots cut in half
50 g Buckwheat flour
200 g all purpose flour
50 g corn starch
400 g mineral water
200 g Pale ale beer
sunflower oilfor frying
Fleure de sel
Buckwheat Pop Corn
100 g buckwheat
20 g rape seed oil
5 g Salt
200 g thick joghurt
7 g Salt
50 g dandelion honey
This is an amazing dish served at Hiša Franko last season created by Head Chef Ana Roš called Crispy Dandelion, Yogurt and Honey.
Check out our interview with Chef Ana Roš.
How to Make it:
- Mix all ingredients except dandelion and let them set in fridge.
- Add ice cubes and immerse the dandelion inside.
- Rinse well and fry them at 180 degrees.
- Let them set on the paper and salt.
How to Make Buckwheat Pop Corn:
- Use the heavy iron pan and heat it for 10 minutes.
- When boining hot add oil and buckheat.
- Turn of the fire and stir. When all puffed, transfer to paper and salt
How to Make Thick Joghurt:
- Mix salt and joghurt together and hang the joghurt in superbag in fridge for 24 hours.
- Strain all the liquid out and keep the solid joghurt in the piping bag
How to Do the Plating:
- Place the dandelion on the plate, pipe joghurt, sprinkle with buckwheat and spread with honey.
- Invite guests to eat it with hands.
Photo credit: Suzan Gabrijan
Photo credit: Without a Compass