- 0,5 kg Jerusalem artichokes
- 1 onions
- 2 pcs potatoesmedium sized
- 200 ml Cream
- 150 g Butter
- Green Onions
- white pepper
- water, salt and oil
- cold smoked baconoptional
This delicious Jerusalem artichoke soup was provided by Estonian chef Janno Lepik. Janno is the Head Chef at Leib, a prestigious restaurant located in Old Town Tallinn.
How to Prepare the Soup:
- Clean Jerusalem artichokes thoroughly and cut into pieces. Peel potatoes and make into pieces.
- Put some oil into pot and pan fry chopped onions until slightly brown. Add Jerusalem artichoke, potatoes, white pepper and water (until water tops potatoes). Bring it to light boiling and boil 10 minutes. Add cream, and boil until vegetables are soft.
- Put everything to blender and mix on maximum speed for 1 minute. Add butter and mix another minute. Sieve the soup and season it with salt.
- As the soup is boiling oven bake the bacon in 200C. Mix every 5 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
- Thin slice 2-3 Jerusalem artichokes and put slices into lemon water.
- Serve the soup, top it with crushed bacon and slices of Jerusalem artichoke