- 233 grams salted codrinsed
- 200 grams whipping cream
- 87 grams potato puree
- 1 leaf gelatine
- 500 millilitres Vegetable Stock
- 50 grams whipping cream
- 0.5 gram saffron
- 30 grams vege gel
- 250 grams sage oil
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 Eggs
- 5 grams Salt
- 5 grams sherry vinegar
- 7 grams Dijon Mustard
Salt and Vinegar Rice
- 100 grams wild rice
- vinegar powder
- tapioca maltodextrin
- green pea shoot
- golden pea shoot
- rape seed oil
- Bloom the gelatine in cold water.
- Seal the cod in a bag at full pressure, cook in a water bath at 50C for 15 minutes.
- Bring the cream to a boil and heat the potato puree.
- Put everything hot into a blender, add the gelatine and blitz to a smooth consistency.
- Allow to cool, then pipe into hemi spherical silicone moulds and freeze.
- Place the vegetable stock, cream and saffron in a pan and bring to a simmer, take off the heat and allow to cool.
- When cool pass through a fine sieve, add the vege gel and return to the heat and bring to the boil while stirring. Keep warm.
Dipping The Yolks
- Take the frozen cod mousse hemi spheres and push a cocktail stick into each one at an angle.
- Ensuring the saffron gel is kept at 70C, dip each hemi sphere into the gel twice, in succession and reserve in an ovenproof dish with the cocktail stick still in place, allow to defrost in a fridge.
- Place the yolks, eggs, salt, vinegar and mustard in a Thermomix and blend together, slowly add the sage oil, while blending to make a sage mayonnaise.
- Add this to a cream whipper and charge twice, place the whipper in a water bath at 50 C and reserve.
Salt and Vinegar Rice
- Heat vegetable oil to 220C and fry the wild rice until it puffs, drain immediately onto paper towel and allow to cool.
- Put the puffed wild rice into a bowl and season with the vinegar powder and salt to taste.
- Add tapioca maltodextrin until you have the desired consistency.
- Take the dish with the yolks in, cover with cling film and gently heat at 50C in a hot cupboard.
- Place a spoonful of salt and vinegar rice in a bowl, carefully place a cod yolk on top, twisting out the cocktail stick, garnish with the pea shoots.
- Cover one side of the yolk where the cocktail stick was with the warm sage cream and finish with rape seed oil.