- 1/2 orange
- 1/2 lemon
- 90 grams honey
- 60 grams Brown Sugar
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 1 cardamom
- 60 millilitres Water
This recipe that is a mixture of mulled white wine and a white sangria. During cold winter nights I find this a very nice drink and it seems to make me less sleepy than a mulled wine. The warm white wine will keep you warm and your nose free, the citrus fruits add freshness, vitamin C and balances the sweetness of the honey and sugar. The Cardamom adds a little surprise to this old and tested recipe.
- Wash the lemon and oranges thoroughly then slice them very thin. Ensure that all seeds have been removed.
- In a saucepan add the honey, sugar, sliced citrus fruits and water and bring to boil. Add the cardamom and simmer for approximately 3-5 minutes or until all the sugar and honey have well dissolved and the added water has been evaporated. Strain through a fine sieve, reserving only the syrup.
- Add the white wine to the hot citrus infused syrup, and bring back to heat, but do not boil. Let steep for at least 5 minutes in consistent
- Adjust the sweetness with additional honey according to your taste and then serve immediately.
- Sauvignon Blanc or Pinto Grigio are very good choices suitable for this drink.
- You may add other citrus fruits such as lime, kumquat, calamansi or similar.