90ml sunflower oil
180g coarse cornmeal
170g plain flour
6g (1 tsp) Salt
3g (½ tsp) baking soda
4g (1 tsp) Baking Powder
How to Make Chimodho:
- Preheat the oven to 175℃ fan.
- Put the buttermilk, oil, and egg into the bowl of your stand mixer; beat with the egg beater until very smooth.
- Mix the cornmeal, plain flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder evenly in a bowl, then sift them into a different bowl. Make sure that the mix is very even.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mix, then mix thoroughly with the ordinary paddle of your stand mixer until you have a smooth dough, which will be fairly wet. Leave for five minutes or so.
- In the meantime, grease a baking tin with butter.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and smooth it out evenly.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the bread comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.