- 45 grams Italian Parsleyleaves only
- 110 millilitres Xeres vinegar
- 45 millilitres red wine vinegar
- 10 grams fresh oregano leaves
- 45 millilitres clove garlic
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 100 grams green bell peppers
- 5 grams Chillideseeded, Jalopena preferred
- sea salt flakes
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper from the mill
Steak sauce Argentinean style
Some of the best beef comes from Argentina and with it comes one of my favorite steak accompaniment. This thick parsley-olive oil paste is as commonly eaten in Argentina as ketchup is in the rest of our world. There are several variations and I guess every chef in Argentina has his own special twist to it, however it always features Italian flat parsley, virgin olive oil, vinegar and garlic.
- Marinate the bell peppers, garlic and chili with the virgin olive oil for at least 1 hour in an air-tight jar.
- In a blender combine the marinated ingredients with the remaining items, then blend into a very smooth and homogeneous paste.
- Season with sea salt, ground black pepper and cayenne as desired.