- 15 chicken legs
- 5 millilitres Olive Oil
- 200 grams Piri-Piri pepperweight depending on spiciness
- 100 grams smoked bell pepper powder
- 1 bulb garlic
- 5 laurel leaves
- 5 shallots
- Piment de la Veraspicy
- Piment de la Veramild
- liquid Piri-piri
- Piment d´Espelette
- Garlicmixed with chicken broth
- Olive Oil
Algarvean Salad & Presentation
- 1 slice plum tomato
- 1 yellow cherry tomatominiature, cut in halves
- 1 red tomatominiature, cut in halves
- 1 potato chips soufflé
- 1 micro potato chip
- 1 confit potato halves
- 1 pickled shallots
- dried oregano
- crispy chicken skin
- grilled tomato foam
“This dish is a very typical Portuguese dish. It is actually based on the original “Frango da Guia – Piri-Piri” which comes from a village (Guia in Albufeira) only 15 minutes down the road from the resort where we serve this dish.”
- Marinate 15 chicken legs for 3-4 hours.
- Grill the legs on a low temperature; and finalize the cooking the oven.
- Let the meat rest for one hour .
- Separate meat and skin.
- Cut the skin in small cubes and let them slowly get crispy in the frying pan.
- Cut the meat in slightly bigger cubes.
- Mix the collected meat stock from the oven with a chicken broth.
- Then add, per 100 g of stock, one gelatin slice and 0,5g Agar and mix with the meat.
- Roll up the meat with plastic wrap forming rolls of approximately 1,5-2 cm diameter.
- Combine all ingredients and emulsify with olive oil.
- Peel the tomatoes.
- Cut in 5-7 mm slices.
- Taste with sea salt, pepper, etc.
- Serve the rest of the ingredients on the tomato slice in the form of a circle.
- Cut the chicken roulade in 1 cm pieces and fix them between the two chicken skins.
- Garnish with aioli and oregano.
- Serve the tomato salad in a circle (as in the picture) and fill the middle with tomato foam.