- 4 free range chicken breasts
- 1 litre Water
- 40 grams table salt
- transglutaminasepowder to dust
- 500 grams chestnut mushrooms
- 1 Onion
- 1 clove Garlic
- 200 grams dried ceps
- 200 grams Water
- 100 grams double cream
- 20 grams English mustard
- 20 grams white wine vinegar
- 20 grams chicken glacefully reduced white chicken stock
- 200 grams rapeseed oil
- young onions
- Hen - of - the - Woods mushrooms
- herb oil
- Combine salt and water, submerge chicken breasts in the brine solution, leave for 24 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from brine.
- Remove skins and scrape away any remaining fat.
- Adhere skins to chicken with Transglutaminase powder.
- Vacuum pac the breasts and place in waterbath for 1hr 20min at 62deg.
- Remove from waterbath and place breasts skin down on plancha until the skin is crispy.
- Boil water and pour over dried ceps.
- Chop and sweat onions and mushrooms in butter for 10 mins.
- Strain off cep stock and pour over mushroom and onion mixture.
- Simmer until stock is reduced by half.
- Add double cream and reduce by half again.
- Season to taste and blend until puree is smooth.
- Whisk together mustard, vinegar and glace.
- Add the rapeseed oil slowly, whilst whisking continually until the mixture resmbles a mayonnaise consistency.
- Saute the mushrooms and young onions in butter.
- Assemble the dish and drizzle with herb oil.