Rested meat juices
2 tbsp cornflour
1 chicken stock cube
A good gravy, made with the giblets, meat juices, a little wine and, please!, very little flour – if any, brings the delicious plate together, uniting the meat and veggies.
How to Make Chicken Gravy:
- Scrape the bottom of the roasting tin to release all the caramelized bits, that’s where the flavor lies, and strain the juices into a separating jug.
- Pour the juices into a measuring jug and make up to 500ml with boiling water.
- Add the stock cube and stir to dissolve.
- Mix the cornflour with 3 tbsp water.
- Pour the stock into a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the cornflour mixture to the boiling stock, stirring well with a whisk.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes then serve.
- This chicken gravy recipe makes enough for 6-8 people and is best when whipped up just a few minutes before serving.