Chicken Adobo is a famous Filipino dish that is very loved by many people. The ingredients are very simple: chicken (breasts, thighs, legs or wings), bay leaves, black peppercorn and lots of garlic. Not only is it so easy to make but because it’s incredibly flavorful, all the family will love it!
1 to 2 pounds chicken thighs
1 cup soy sauce kikoman
0.5 ml vinegar appleor vinegar rice
1 bulb Onion
2 round Garliccrush the more garlic the better
2 Bay Leavesor kaffir lime leaves I like kaffir lime leaves because of citrus aroma
4 thai chili peppersor serrano
3 tsp Sugaroptional
How to Make Adobo:
- Sauté the garlic making sure is browns.
- Then add the onions. Sauté the onion and garlic.
- Add the chicken and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the chicken is half cooked, add the soy sauce and vinegar.
- Cook until the chicken is fully marinated to the soy sauce and vinegar. You will know when the chicken is marinated when it is brown.
- Then add the bay leaf. After five minutes, put in the peppers. Let the dish cook for twenty minutes.
- From time to time, turn the chicken so the flavors are evenly distributed in the sauce.
- Then add the sugar, stir, and leave it cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with green onions or cilantro leaves for better presentation. Then serve with hot jasmine rice.