125 g flour T5 5
42 g glazed sugar
2 g Salt
15 g almond powderor hazelnut
70 g Butter
27 g egg
Almond cream (or pistaccio):
30 g almonds in powderor pistaccio
30 g soft butter
30 g Caster Sugar
20 g beaten eggs
100 g pitted cherries
10 g Caster Sugar
1,5 g pectin NH
Whipped ganache: Verbena:
100 g Blanc Ivoire chocolate
52 g liquid cream 30% MG
8 g Inverted sugaror honey
152 liquid cream 30% MG
15 g verbena leaves
Quantities are enough for 6 small pies. For the whipped ganache, I suggest you cut the quantity by half, else you’ll end up with a bit more ganache to my taste.
Blind bake the pastry, then add the almond (or pistachio) cream and recook. Spread the cold confit on the cold tart. Finally, smooth over the whipped ganache and place the cherries on top, brushed with a little olive oil.
How to Make the Sweet Dough:
- Use a flat beater or blend by hand the flour, glazed sugar, almond powder, and salt with slightly soft butter.
- Add the egg and mix gently.
- Place the mixture onto a sulfurized sheet of paper (e.g. parchment paper) and lightly knead it 3 times. Place a second sulfurized sheet of paper over the top and roll it out to 3 mm thickness. Leave it flat in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Line a round pie dish with the pastry, and return to the refrigerator. Cut off the excess pastry and cook at 170⁰ until it is light brown in color. The time depends on the thickness of the pastry and the topping you choose.
How to Make Almond Cream (or Pistachio):
- Mix the almond powder, the sugar and the soft butter.
- Mix in the beaten egg with a spatula. You can also add cherries at this point.
- Pour onto the pre-cooked pie base and cook for 10-12 minutes at 180⁰.
- 100 g pitted cherries
- 10 g caster sugar
- 1.5 g pectin NH
- Squash the cherries with a hand blender.
- Mix the sugar and the pectin.
- Place the fruit in a pot, then pour the sugar-pectin mix over the top.
- Cook over medium/high heat and boil for 1 minute.
- Place in a small bowl and refrigerate.
How to Make Whipped Ganache/Verbena:
- Melt the chocolate in the micro-wave.
- Heat 52 g of cream and the inverted sugar.
- Pour the hot liquid in 3 lots onto the chocolate so as to generate a ganache.
- Place on the ripped verbena leaves.
- Add the cold cream, mix, wrap in cling film, and store over night in a cool place.
- Mix and whisk with an electric whisk like whipped cream.
- Place in molds and leave over night in a freezer.