- 130 gr Butter 82%room temperature
- 60 gr icing sugar
- 1 gr fleur de sel
- 60 gr Eggs
- 1 vanilla
- 220 gr a/p flour
- 60 gr Butter 82%room temperature
- 60 gr Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 60 gr almond flour
- 150 gr Cherries Pitted
- 500 gr Cherries Pitted
- 300 gr Sugar
- 1/2 vanilla
- 10 gr Lemon Juice
Bitter Almond Cream
- 200 gr Milk
- 20 gr cornstarch
- 50 gr Condensed Bitter Almond Juice
How to Make the Dough:
- In the mixer add everything except from flour and mix until combined.
- Add flour and mix for some second to incorporate.
- Let rest in the fridge for 30’.
- Open 3cm thickness and form a tart in a 16cm diameter ring.
- Bake with weight at 160C for 12’. Remove weight and continue baking for 12’-15’ more.
How to Make Almond Cream:
- Mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and mix.
- Add almond flour and mix.
- Finally add cherries and mix again.
- Let in the fridge overnight.
How to Make Cherries Jam:
- In a pot add cherries, vanilla and sugar. Boil in low heat until reduced.
- Add lemon juice off heat and mix.
How to Make Bitter Almond Cream:
- Dissolve cornstarch in the milk in a pot.
- Boil cream until thick.
- Off heat add bitter almond juice and mix. Let set in the fridge.
- Mix until creamy.
- Spread almond cream in the tart shell and bake at 160C for 25’-30’
- Let cool and spread cherries jam.
- Fill with the bitter almond cream.
- Finish with fresh cherries.
Photo credit: Manolis Stithos