130 gr Butter 82%room temperature
60 gr icing sugar
1 gr fleur de sel
60 gr Eggs
220 gr a/p flour
60 gr Butter 82%room temperature
60 gr Brown Sugar
60 gr almond flour
150 gr Cherries Pitted
500 gr Cherries Pitted
300 gr Sugar
10 gr Lemon Juice
Bitter Almond Cream
200 gr Milk
20 gr cornstarch
50 gr Condensed Bitter Almond Juice
How to Make the Dough:
- In the mixer add everything except from flour and mix until combined.
- Add flour and mix for some second to incorporate.
- Let rest in the fridge for 30’.
- Open 3cm thickness and form a tart in a 16cm diameter ring.
- Bake with weight at 160C for 12’. Remove weight and continue baking for 12’-15’ more.
How to Make Almond Cream:
- Mix butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg and mix.
- Add almond flour and mix.
- Finally add cherries and mix again.
- Let in the fridge overnight.
How to Make Cherries Jam:
- In a pot add cherries, vanilla and sugar. Boil in low heat until reduced.
- Add lemon juice off heat and mix.
How to Make Bitter Almond Cream:
- Dissolve cornstarch in the milk in a pot.
- Boil cream until thick.
- Off heat add bitter almond juice and mix. Let set in the fridge.
- Mix until creamy.
- Spread almond cream in the tart shell and bake at 160C for 25’-30’
- Let cool and spread cherries jam.
- Fill with the bitter almond cream.
- Finish with fresh cherries.
Photo credit: Manolis Stithos