- 12 cod filletsskin on, 120-150 g
- 1 tablespoon Chermoulaper fish fillet, approx 1/2 cup
- 210 grams bell peppers
- 90 grams tomatoespeeled, deseeded
- 90 grams onionssliced
- 100 millilitres Olive Oilgood quality
- 2 lemon1 for decoration in wedges
- Sea Salt
- 1 clay or ceramic oven proof dish
This must be one of the more simple recipes I know, but the fresh herbs and the roasted spices of the Chermoula lack nothing in flavor or fragrance.
Of course the dish works with all kind of other fish as well but the cod used here will come out really juicy and fork tender.
- Slice the tomatoes, and bell peppers in equal, fairly roughly cut strips and combine with the sliced onions.
- Moisten with the olive oil, sprinkle lightly with sea salt and spread evenly into your baking dish.
- Place the fish fillets on top of the vegetables, season with very little sea salt and squeeze one of the lemons over the cod fillets.
- Top the fillets generously with the Chermoula.
- Bake in the oven at 180 C (360 F) for approximately 15-18 minutes or until just done.
- The vegetables at the bottom of the baking dish should be done and slightly roasted, the crust should have a green to greenish-brown color and crisp.
- I do recommend to serve the dish as is onto the table and serve your guests directly out of the oven dish.