- 5 Egg Yolks
- 5 egg whites
- 180 gr Sugar
- 2 gr Salt
- 140 gr a/p flour
- 20 gr cornstarch
- 2 gr Baking Powder
- 4 gr Vanilla Beans Powder
- Dry Coconutfor sprinkle
- 6 lime zest
- 300 gr lime juicestrained
- 340 gr Sugar
- 350 gr Sugar
- 6 gr Gelatin Sheetssoftened in Ice Water
- 220 gr yogurt
- 400 gr Butter 82%
- 100 gr Fresh Strawberriescut in small cubes.
- 45 gr Sugar
- 1 lemon zest
- 10 gr Lemon Juice
- 120 gr yogurt
- 40 gr icing sugar
How to Make Savoyard:
- Beat egg yolks and 80 gr. sugar in the mixer bin with the fouet until smooth and double size.
- Then beat egg whites with 100 gr. sugar and salt until stiff meringue.
- In a bowl mix flour, baking power, cornstarch and vanilla beans powder.
- Fold into your fluffy eggs yolk the 1/3 of your meringue. Mix gently.
- Then add the 1/3 of your flour mix and again mix gently.
- Continue with the same process two more times always mixing gently and soft. LESS MOVES THE BETTER RESULT!!!
- Make nice Lady Fingers with a popping bag in a tray with silicone or baking paper.
- Sprinkle with dry coconut.
- Bake at 160C for 40’-50’.
- When cool cut the one edge from each biscuit.
How to Make Lime-Yogurt Cream:
- In a pot add zest, juice, sugar and eggs and cook until 82C.
- Add the gelatin sheets in the hot cream and mix until dissolved.
- When cream cool down at 38-40C add butter with the hand blender.
- Add yogurt and mix well with a fouet.
How to Make Strawberry Jam:
Put all of the ingredients in a pot and cool in medium heat until jam is thickens.
- Build up your Charlotte in a steel ring 20cm diameter round and on bottom.
- Add half of your lime cream. Add the strawberry jam and fill up with the rest of your cream. Let set in the fridge.
- Add sweet yogurt on top and spread evenly.
- Cut Mango, Pineapple, Coconut nicely, take some passion fruit seeds and mint leaves for finishing.
Photo credit: Manolis Stithos